Monday, February 8

Seasons of life.......


A little over a week ago, we got a call that my mother, Mary, was having some serious health issues. She has been in the Care Center since falling and breaking her hip almost three years ago. She did fine for awhile but these last few months she grew more and more frail. On Wednesday, February 3, 2016, she passed peacefully. Her season of life on earth ended and she has gone home. Some of her last words to me were "please take me home". One never knows.........did she mean take me home to the home we knew as children? or take me home, Lord? She was tired, lonely for my dad and her family that has gone before her. She is at peace and all is well. Her funeral will be later this week and we will celebrate her life. She lived 87 years and that is a gift.

I really will get back to blogging regularly one of these days.......there is a time for everything. Just not time right now. 

16 comments:

Kate said...

Your mother's time had come, Sandi. Let your wonderful memories of her comfort you.
Hugs. K

Ray and Jeanne said...

I am so sorry Sandi. Your mother's time had come but it is still hard. Sending you hugs and prayers. ~Jeanne

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry for your loss. Remember the good times.

Lindah said...

Our times are in His hands.
May knowing that she is truly home be a comfort to your loss.

Needled Mom said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers, Sandi. I would like to imagine that she was asking to be taken to her forever home, surrounded by her Lord, family and those gone before her. Bless her long life.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Judy1522 said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. She will still be missed by those who knew her but the comfort is in knowing she is at peace and you will see her again.

scottylover said...

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Sandy A

Debbie said...

My condolences to you and your family, Sandi. Sorry for your loss.

Jocelyn said...

My heartfelt sympathies Sandi. Sending thoughts and prayer to you and your family.

Clairellen said...

God bless you, Sandi. It will be different now and always, since you can't just call her on the phone. But she will always be near to you, and will always love you and live in your memory. May she rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. Keeping you and yours in my thoughs and prayers. Joan P.

Me and My Stitches said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sandi - will be sending you hugs and prayers.

Karen said...

Sad news and I am sorry for your loss. I don't know how many times over the years since my mother passed away that I wished I had asked her more questions about her life before I was born or when I was too young to be aware of.

andsewon said...

Sending my sincere condolences to you and your family Sandy.
Prayers and Hugs,
Lola

Stitches said...

So sorry for your loss, you have my sympathy and prayers.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018